my oh my, it’s again been way too long… so basically i’m going to unleash the motherload of all updates, so here we go:
– progsik‘s demo is appareantly reaching out… they’ve sold about 50 copies at the mountains of death, so yeay for them!
– moving on with lifeless hill‘s ep – vocals & re-amping should be done by the end of this week.
– we decided to work some more on cideraid‘s pre-production, mainly to bring producer julien fehlmann in to add his input. the drum-recording will start on the 25th of september at studio mécanique, and we’re really looking forward to move on to the next level with this album.
– also, i will start tracking a demo w/ calcined by the end of september, this should be fun as well.
– remote lane played another bunch of shows, and proved to become quite the live-band. by now they’ve developped a pretty tight sound, which makes my job quite a bit easier.
– i worked at the rfi in fribourg for a pretty intense week – not my cup of tea music-wise, but the folks were very nice indeed. lots of running and fixing stuff beyond fixing.
– throughout the whole october and the start of november i’ll be on tour/doing the sound for the ocean as the opening act for the cancer bats/the dillinger escape plan eu-tour. looking quite nice so far, i’m stoked as hell.
as always, i got a couple of nifty events lined-up, which should feature some intense headbanging and wall to wall-vomiting later on:
– operation: impending doom XV is happing next saturday, the 18th at the café xxè in fribourg. we’re having zatokrev and mycelia playing, plus djs hq, mara and winekellar spinning the wheels of steel (or plastic, for that matter), we’re doing bbq on the balcony, the cal of ror-guys will put up a cd-/vinyl-shop, plus stemutz.ch and llyrdwen are exposing some nice pictures taken over the course of the last o:ids. i wouldn’t want to miss this if i were you…
– remote lane will be playing the metal assault-festival in grand-vennes/lausanne on the 1st october, w/ samael etc.
– saïko records will be hosting a festival at the nouveau monde in fribourg on the 5th and 6th of november, featuring some of the greatest indie bands from switzerland…
oh yeah, no rest of the wicked. see you all out there!